About the Farm Direct Co-op
Farm Direct Co-op is a cooperative of up to eight hundred members who opt to receive fresh IPM fruits, organic vegetables, organic herbs, local cheese, bread and/or organic flowers during the summer and fall season. A staff of 13 part-time individuals, a volunteer board and volunteer co-op members support the many activities to pick up and deliver produce* to depots in Salem, Marblehead and Melrose. We offer two options: Members sign up for either Tuesday or Thursday pick up.
- in 2004 from sixteen farms.
- in 2005 from 18 farms and 5 cheesemakers.
- in 2006 from 20 farms and 8 cheesemakers
- in 2007 from 21 farms and 9 cheesemakers
- in 2008 from 23 farms and 8 cheesemakers
- in 2009 from 25 farms, 10 cheesemakers and 1 bakery
- in 2010 from 26 farms, 11 cheesemakers, and 2 bakeries
- in 2013 from 37 farms, 2 bakeries, 3 egg suppliers, 10 dairies, 2 grain farms/gristmills, and several small producers of local products
- in 2014 from 40 farms, 2 bakeries, 3 egg suppliers, 12 dairies, 2 grain farms/gristmills, and 12 small producers of local products
- in 2015 from 42 farms, 2 bakeries, 1 egg supplier, 12 dairies, 2 grain farms/gristmills, and 22 small producers of local products.
Below is a spreadsheet showing what 2008 shares looked like: